Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

Monday, June 12, 2017

Update to my "Saturday" post previous

Have been asked what recipe I use for Lavender Ice Cream by several and I want to post the site here.
I got to loving it when I heard about it in the movie " It's Complicated",  love that movie.
I added a little honey with mine and left out a little sugar.  I am always tweaking recipes a little and I love honey with lavender like in the cookies , so I put it in the ice cream too.
Heat the honey with the lavender buds and strain into mixture.   I also have used dried lavender I grow and use very little or it can be to strong.

Here is the site I found it on

http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Lavender-Ice-Cream%3A-it%27s-Complicated/45913/



3 comments:

  1. YUM ---that sounds so good... I love most all things Lavender ---although I'll admit that I've never had Lavender Ice Cream.... Thanks for the recipe...

    Hope you are doing okay. It's gotten too doggone hot here this week so far... YUK---and it's not even summer officially.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.