Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Peonies and puzzled

Peonies are blooming and this year for some reason there are many more blooms.  Usually there are ants all over them.  Not so this season - so far anyway.   Don't know the reason but it sure makes it nicer to bring them into the house without them crawling out of the flower heads all over for sure.
I see these in the morning from the den window


 Pink azalea peeking in corner
I thinned them out last year from this space.   There were twice as many.



I was taking a picture of my azalea in vase when two hams jumped in,  made the arrangement much prettier I think.



Here is a puzzle I have been working on for three days off and on.  Finally finished it.   If I keep coming back to it, it's easier to spot the solids with a rested eye.   I bought this puzzle at Christmas time and wanted to frame to hang in the living room.   Two little ones decided to help me and well you know what happened next.   It all went back into the box and now it's finally finished for this year.
Hometown Holiday it's called,  500 pieces.  I will go for a 1,000 next time since this one is easier than I thought.

It's 12 by 36 inches


 Will have to show the finished picture next post.


7 comments:

  1. Always a smile when you see those beautiful faces. A great puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing in the world that smells nicer than a peony, in my opinion. Yours are beautiful. I wish they made peony perfume so we could have a sniff whenever we wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! peonies are so, so beautiful.. next year I'll plant it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous peonies!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us and thanks so much for taking the time to visit!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peonies ... lovely photographs.
    So nice to see those two smiling faces as well!!!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Betsy,
    Wow, how I envy your picture perfect peonies!
    We grew them a couple of years when the climate was a bit more moderate but usually the extreme summer heat kills them.
    Only could do 3 posts over the years and now we have none left.
    You can see one here: {6 Gorgeous 'Ann Cousins' Peonies in Baccarat Harcourt Pitcher}
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, those sweet girls do make any picture better! Your garden is wonderful and I adore peonies. One of the white ones looks so much like the Festiva Maxima we had at our old house. It had the sweetest fragrance.

    I love working on a Christmas puzzle! Yours is gorgeous. Didn't it make you long for that season to come? So long to wait.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy