Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Virginia Historical Society

Some neat toys of the past to see at the VHS in Richmond.    We stopped by on Sunday to take a look and will be going back to see more.








In the mood now for doing some retro decorating.  Brings back memories and some fun times.
nice paint by number


loved the thing maker - was very hot, we may have gotten little to close to the heat but never anything serious,  we knew the thing was hot and waited till it cooled down.
Didn't come with two pages of instructions or what could happen if we touched it and that it was hot,  we just knew it.

starting to want this retro look - clean lines


the princess phone





gumby and pokey


I had one similar to this and was more of a problem , never really sewed well for me




I used to love the spanish or mediterranean look

those huge lamps
my kids had these toys and never played with them much, they mostly wanted to be outside in the dirt





these were good learning toys at the time 



my son still has this one the girls can play with in the sand


was fun to see 

3 comments:

  1. Oh what fun Betsy! That does bring back some memories! I see some things I had as a child, and still have. The Fisher Price LIttle People castle for one. I just sold $700 worth of Liddle Kiddles on Ebay! I found got them at a sale for a little bit of nothing!
    You didn't take the girls along with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic place!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, Looks like an awesome place to visit. I can understand why you want to go back sometime... Great set of pictures...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy