Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

water shots

Traveling  middle peninsula  with beautiful water views and pretty farmland was soothing for the both of us.
Boaters paradise is what it is called and I can see why.

Thomas Downing bridge that is between Tappahannock and Warsaw.
The town of Tappahannock located on the Rappahannock river.

view from the bridge as we go over


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another bridge in White Stone Va.  is the Robert O. Norris bridge.  Known by locals as White Stone bridge or Rappahannock river bridge.   Some find it a little uncomfortable I hear about crossing it,  but I didn't.
Crossing for state route 3 over the Rappahannock river between Lancaster and Middlesex county in Virginia.


Heading to the trusses


I heard it shakes a little in high winds,  was hoping for wind so I could see if it's true.

awesome I think

On the end of the bridge at  left is Willabys Restaurant which was not open at the time,  so we will have to eat there another time for sure.
Heard it's very good.
Nice eating spots on the outside .
Here you can see the Norris bridge


on the dock is a  picnic table with umbrella - on we go


Philippi Christian church in Deltaville
Founded in 1871

Ending with a beautiful sunset
sharing with  image-in-ing

5 comments:

  1. Impressive bridges and a stunning sunset makes for a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, what beautiful sights. Bridges are just fascinating to me, but that one would be kind of scary to cross. Glad you had a nice outing..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great ocean trip, nice photos and absolutely beautiful sunset photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came from Image-in-ing and loved your photos! The rusty old bridge is a beauty!
    Now following!
    Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy