- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Outing to Quicksburg

Haven't been able to download pictures from my camera lately because I lost the plug things I need to do so.
 Found it so now can catch up on some places we have been and one of those places is Quicksburg Virginia for apples near the end of November.
farmland around area




collapsed barn

I purchased some braeburn apples which were smaller than most but I love because of being so juicy and not to sweet.  I also picked up a favorite - pink lady apples,  they last a long time in the fridge and always taste good.

We go here every year,  the best place in Virginia for us to buy apples,  apple butter ,  locally made jellies, jams and cider.
I used this in my making of apple butter


I canned also 6 quarts of pears picked from my daughters tree in West Virgina


A stop in Orkney Springs Virgina




Virginia House - formerly the Orkney Springs Hotel.  Site  of the Shenandoah music festival, now in the third decade.    Beautiful turn of the century hotel at the foot of the "Great North Mountain". 

the site below tells a little about the many springs that brought travellers from all over to their medicinal waters.  

http://www.shrinemont.com/v.php?pg=29





Inside the hampton inn that we stayed in for the night
Christmas decorations were up .

the fireplace was visible from both sides



stepping from the elevator to our room is a nice arrangement of flowers and nativity - THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.  Very nice


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy