Blog header photo is mine taken a couple years ago here at home. - Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, November 23, 2015

island for the kitchen

Long time with no post but with relapse of the same flu or cold or whatever it is,  looks like the amoxicillan knocked it out this time.    What is with this flu season?   So many little bugs out there.

I got an email from my sister Lynn in Maine and she put together or remade I should say a buffet she bought for $35.00 and turned it into a island for the kitchen.

The base color is Gettysburg Grey
A touch of green comes through which I like


The counter top is made from a church pew she came by on one of her many travels for treasures.
Beautiful Oak.

Wonderful idea and the drawers are great for cutlery and napkins etc.
nice place for morning coffee and meals.
 Great Job!!!  

she and her husband are restoring an 1870's home in Maine.

I am sharing with The Charm of Home's - home sweet home
          and                                                   Amaze me Monday

9 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy, so glad you are feeling better and back to blogging again. Your sister's buffet turned into island looks great, makes me want to change my island!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your sweet family!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great transformation! Glad you are feeling better.

    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. as a kid my mom had a very small kitchen. it was that yellow 70's color. every thing was yellow - dishwasher, frig, those broken & were replaced & only recently did she have a total redo ... it is much more modern ... but i think the point it is more functional. but she would love more space. i have tons ...but don't have as much going on as she did at my age ... but it is always easy to have company. i enjoy your space. have a lovely Thanksgiving!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Repurposing a piece of furniture into an island makes it unique and charming. Sorry you've been sick, and glad to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just beautiful!! I love furniture turned into an island and the wood top is icing on the cake! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's gorgeous. I love the drawers because they are so useful. I'm glad your health is better. I saw your link at the Amaze Me Monday party. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Anne Marie and I wish you Happy Thanksgiving

      Delete
  7. Hi Betsy, glad you are feeling better! The island is fantastic, all those drawers will come in very handy. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy