Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Thursday, August 20, 2015

fresh ones

Purchased a bag of fresh okra locally - love the stuff pickled, so I did.



I grew some paste tomatoes,  not a lot, but what I had  was good for a few jars canned.

couple paste tomatoes and cucumber



A homemade dressing of vinegar, water, olive oil, sugar, garlic, celery seed, salt, pepper shaken vigoursly 

Poured over vegetables tossed with romaine lettuce

with a touch of parmesan 

actually, I like a LOT of parmesan

sharing with little things thursday

3 comments:

  1. We like cheese in this house too.Lots of it! I like your cover photo very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great looking salad, Betsy. I can't photograph food to save my life. Would you believe, I have never tasted okra?..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your salad looks wonderful! If you lived close, I would share my okra with you. We have more than we can handle.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.