Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Spring Blooms

The dogwoods are at their prettiest I think, the leaves are starting to show on a few.   Won't be long before the flowers fade.   I have so much enjoyed their beauty this season.
the pink and white one was trimmed last year.

I think the trimming helped.
A peek over the fence to the backyard



the boxwood definitely need a trim

My sister's stone rabbit, was too heavy to take home the last visit - he rested here for Easter
A beaded butterfly Steve purchased

Last year there was just one lady slipper - there are two this year
white azalea
a lone tulip ,  I think the moles or voles got the rest.

Peonies have quite a few buds this year and ants love them
My white lilac has the scent of a Jasmine

It's been a very pleasant Easter week.  Today we had a few heavy downfalls of rain ,  glad for it as it washed a lot of the pollen away.
Happy Saturday

I am sharing with The Charm of Home

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dogwood, coming from the west coast of BC I used to live for the masses of flowering Spring Dogwood. You have a lovely selection of flowering plants and trees, and the jasmine scented lilac sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful yard. Love the stone rabbit. I'd keep it if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dogwood are beautiful! It has been full of blooms here too, so nice to have the change seasons. I was ready for spring.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.