- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Emmanual Episcopal Church for Inspired Sunday

Located at old Port Conway in Virginia. Built in 1859  north of the Rappahannock river on U.S. 301.
Along with the historic graveyard,  it's located in front of Belle Grove.
Our forth president of the United States, James Madison was born at Belle Grove in 1751, his mothers family farm.



 
 
 
 
 
 
Is still in use and I believe it has two services a month.     This one and two other churches form the Hanover - Brunswick Parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Va.
I am sharing with Inspired Sunday

10 comments:

  1. wow, i need to look into this area ... what a beauty. thank you for sharing. so pretty.

    favorite parts are the windows & the top hat part. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of a beautiful church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little church! I particularly like the composition of your next-to-last image. Very nice series!

    Lindy @ Life with Mike and Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely church!
    Thanks for dropping by and visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking little church. I love the brick and the setting is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely setting for a beautiful historical church...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. I don't remember this area though from when I was growing up back there. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful old church, I enjoyed seeing it and I'm enjoying your music also!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful simplicity here--and that's what I've observed in my recent "stalkings" of Episcopal churches. Your first one is in such a fortunate (channeling Jane Austen!)setting. Always appreciate see the closeups of architectural details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I didn't realize there were so many historic Churches in your "neck of the woods". So beautiful!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy