- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, January 12, 2013

just soup

Last night was chilly and rainy.    While getting my packing done in many plastic tubs for Christmas,   aah for at least 9 1/2 months anyway (gonna start decorating early this year as it takes me forever to get it done).
  I checked my cupboards and brought out my dried baby Lima's,  Campbell's tomato soup and from out of the freezer some chopped left over ham from Christmas.   I put them all together in my pressure cooker that I can not do without now.   No advertisement here - just the plain truth.  I got over my fear of them after using this one.

I like the fact that I didn't have to soak the beans,  I just rinsed them.

after throwing all in cooker,  I cooked for 17 minutes and then let the pressure go down on it's own as I wanted it to sit a few minutes - served with buttered french bread for me and it was SO good.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I am having soup again ( just seems to be the weather for it here as it's gloomy and grey.)
I love Bear Creek soups and I have the minestrone that I put in my pressure cooker along with 8 cups water.    Pressure cooked for 6 minutes - so good.
Check out the mismatched dinnerware - I just noticed it, just me for dinner anyway.
Happy Saturday
betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy