- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Friday, September 30, 2011

Late October at Maymont

Maymont is a wonderful place to be in late Autumn.   I never shared my photos here when Steve and I took his brother and sister in law from Florida last year for a visit  mid October.   They enjoyed touring the Dooley mansion and grounds with us.   We like showing our company  around  Richmond and surrounding counties,  lots here to see.     It became overcast and was  misting from time to time.   Doesn't bother me much as I like walking in the rain under an umbrella.     
Some lovely fall flowers on our walk


nice gazebo to sit and rest on the walk


Massive Oaks and other trees on the property

Italian gardens

The roses showing off  before the winter sets in.  

We took this walk to the Japanese garden

Reflections


Calming , soothing



soothing sound of raindrops hitting the water
Waters edge at the Japanese garden



No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy