Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

flower wreath

I picked some hydrangeas from my bush outside the porch to make a wreath.
  I read that you can wire fresh ones on a form and let them dry.   I did that today. 
blue -pink- pale lavender
I made a wreath form from the weeping willow tree that I have growing on the creek
tied the flowers on with fish line and that was a little too slippery,  I had some white pipe cleaners I decided to finish with,  I use what I have on hand.

back side

You can see where the little flowers are burnt  from the sun.  Hope it doesn't worsen as it drys.
Now I will see how it drys on here,  Its hanging on my front door.

Little tuft of flowers on my kitchen window

Brown eyed Susan's I can always count on for color outside in the summer

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty flowers Betsy! You did an awesome job on the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely wreath, please let us know what it looks like as it dries, I love hydrangea flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.