Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring wreath and wildflowers

 As I was tidying up mums in the pots from the fall,  I thought  the dried cuttings could be used to make a spring wreath for my front door.  A silk flower ring was used to place the dried pieces and flowers, a bow to hang.    The first picture is of some wildflowers I picked while dead heading this afternoon,   they are as pretty as any other I believe.

anyway- back to the wreath
mums needed clipping

Yep I can use these clippings.

I pushed the clippings into the floral foam ring.  this view from backside.
I purchased white flowers pushed them into the foam on front and added a bow.

I think it looks like spring with the white flowers budding in the center



side view

2 comments:

  1. Betsy,

    What a clever and creative idea. Your Spring Wreath is beautiful! You should link this to The Stories of A2Z Tutorials & Tips Tuesday Party
    so more people can see it!

    http://www.thestoriesofa2z.com/2011/04/tutorials-tips-tuesday-6-tip-easy.html

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are clever! That is gorgeous!!!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.