Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day Trip

My husband and I took a trip to Colonial Beach in Va and walked the beach looking for shell and pretty pieces of driftwood.  It was breezy and walking in the sand feels good to me, I like the exercise.
  A little beach town on the Potomac river.  As I stand  on the shore I can see Maryland in the distance.   




A place to stay on the beach

As we were touring the beach, saw this  new home. I  like the screened porch on the front.

riding along side the river is some creative private entrances to piers
I liked this one



These two seemed to be everywhere
Looking towards shore is some lovely homes

Steve showing me a piece of drift he found,  shaped like the letter Y-

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures of your trip! I love the old homes next to the water.

    Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy, I have never heard of this beach town but it looks like a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a nice little beach and some good restaurants there too.
    Thank you for visiting Sherry.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.