- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Touring Fredericksburg Va

Steve and I took a little day trip to Fredericksburg, Va. with my sister Lynn and fiance' Randy to tour the old town and the battlefield.

The battle of Fredericksburg, 13 Dec 1862 is remembered as one of the greatest Union defeats of the civil war.

In the streets of Fredericksburg, Union and Confederate troops fought the civil wars first urban combat.

At the visitors center we watched a 20 minute movie and then took the walking tour down the sunken road and the cemetery.  Was a little chilly and overcast.   A nice walk afterwards in the old town of Fredericksburg with a bite at Sammy T's - great food and some window shopping. 




This was a very good model that was on display I took with my camera that depicts aftermath of the fighting
Looks like I took a picture of a picture,  but it's  not, it is a model.



some of the exhibits




A relic of Chancellorsville campaign, found in Rhappahannock river in 1945(all in one piece)
















Lynn and Randy at the Innis house
they are to be married in May of this year


You can see the bullet hole in door inside of house



pretty pine cones from the tree on the ground

Lynn  found some pinecones

 Steve , Randy and Lynn in distance






 this explains the graves here in the cemetery
View from cemetery down on city of Fredericksburg

After the museum we took a walk around the town before it got too dark

 some nice stained glass

 vintage carousel




 the lights in this window cascaded down ,  beautiful movement

fabric cats

I like this picture, the reflection of the bldgs. are showing in the glass




No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy