Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

actually feels like spring

So I decided to fix a spring sweet with blueberries that I had  frozen.    I made some lemon curd Sunday .  VERY lemony, or tart I should say.  Don't like a real sweet curd.   Tasted so good spread over the warm blueberry loaf this morning.  A very strong coffee to go with it. Yum mm
 You can bet my diet was all over after this.   As Scarlett said " I'll think about that tomorrow".
or something like that.

I used 5 egg yolks and juice from 4 large lemons,  along with butter, sugar and a tablespoon of zest scraped from the washed lemon skin.  Have to wash them well. I cooked in a glass dish over boiling water , then poured through a sieve to get any zest and lumps that may remain from the cooked egg yolks. 
I will make some orange curd tomorrow.  I freeze mine also if there is too much to eat in a week.  Freezes well.

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a delicious combination, in England we tend to only eat lemon curd in pastry, that looks like a nice refreshing alternative to custard. Perhaps you could post the recipe for the blueberry loaf sometime? Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks so delicious!!! I can almost taste it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.