- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Monday, February 22, 2010

Rainy Monday

Rainy and staying inside getting laundry done.  I am glad I don't have to throw it over the balcony to dry.

  When I visited my daughter in Germany,  several of her neighbors would air out their comforters or quilts from the night on the ledge of their windows, or balconies if they had one. 



 
click to enlarge

 
I checked out a book from the library called -" Williamsburg, decorating with style" there  is a part that speaks about floor cloths.   I have wanted to make one for some time,  so I am thinking about making one for my foyer.  There is slate on the floor and I do not want to rip it up so I will try the floor cloth for a change.   I will have to check the garage to see if I have  a piece of canvas that may work.   This will definitely not be an overnight project.
will have to post on my progress.
I don't think either one of these patterns will do.    I'll come up with something probably similar.  

Well, back to work.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy,

    Take a look at http://canvasworksfloorcloths.com/wordpress/make-your-own for lots of helpful hints and supplies for making floorcloths.

    Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy,
    Please post about this! I've always liked the look of floorcloths.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy