- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Historic St. Lukes Church - Smithfield Va

I have a cake in the oven at the moment and if it turns out o.k.,  I will show it to you tomorrow.
I am trying to get motivated to get painting done and re arrange my cabinets in the kitchen.  So what do I do?
I come downstairs to the office and post to my blog, oh well I can do it later.
I am posting the rest of my pictures from Smithfield Va and then off to check on my lime cake.



this is the lobby of Hampton Inn.   I liked the chairs in front of fireplace. The lobby had coffee , tea and  hot chocolate.    Warm chocolate chip, macadamia nut and oatmeal cookies complimentary of hotel anytime.


The room was nice and I liked the bathroom.

Tour of church and grounds

Historic St. Lukes Church
Circa 1632
Oldest church of English foundation in America. It's also the oldest Gothic church surviving In this country.
Has Jacobean interior and the nations oldest organ intact.
We didn't get to go inside, have to go back at a later time for that.
click on pictures to enlarge
rear of church, beautiful stained glass windows



Just beautiful
On Sunday took a walk on boardwalk before leaving here are views from boardwalk
Smithfield station
restaurant, Inn and places to shop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy