Blog Photo ..Pohlig Brothers box factory where my Grandmother worked ages ago. Today the building has been turned into apartments. Richmond Va.


photos on blog are taken by me unless noted otherwise. Please ask before using.
Thank You - bsh

All things Christmas on Christmas blog

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More stuff

"Through the Garden Gate" ,  has some nice stuff and the Christmas decorations  put me in the mood for decorating at my home .  
  My collection of dishes is growing,  will have to part with some to make room for more.   I can never have enough glasses or sets of dishes. the ones I found look like diner dishes  ( I guess one could call them that).  I like the coffee cups, as they keep the coffee hot longer.   $20.00 for them.    Hey made in U.S.A.,  don't see much of that anymore.  






I found this little doll chair,  I may re-cover it, although a cleaning will suffice, it's in very good shape.   I thought it would be cute with a victorian doll sitting in it under the tree along with my other dolls.  It cost $6.00.
Never know what I may find  that I didn't know I needed.   Need is probably not the right word,  I just really want it.


When I got home,  I discovered I had to have  fudge - Fudge is one of my favorites, and this is the only time of year I make it.   The recipe is as follows, it is simple and very good.
I will probably have one piece and take the rest to my mom's house.  Sharing is good for me and my waist.




 will cut it later when it is cool. 




I didn't purchase this,  it's a paint by number I recently finished.  Maybe I will take a class and do one on my own. 


2 comments:

  1. Betsy you have been very busy, the fudge looks delicious, aren't you a thrifty shopper, I love the idea for the chair under the tree.

    You should try and paint on your own, those are beautiful sun flowers... try copying them to start with...it's a good way to learn, I think you have some talent woman.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee,
    Good idea, I will try copying them and see what happens,
    You're sweet and I thank you for the nice compliments. This means so much coming from someone whose talent I respect.
    God Bless,

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Comments always a joy to read. Some have the - no reply comment -
enabled. I sometimes will respond in the comment section of my post.