- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Thursday, September 3, 2009

End of summer and soup

End of summer coming soon.  So much nicer in the last few mornings for early walk and working outside. 
I made a trip to the veggie stand and bought tomatoes, onions, cabbage, new potatoes,corn on cob,squash yellow and green, and string beans for my soup.  I picked fresh basil from my herb garden and put in blender with tomatoes, (dipped in hot water and skinned) and pureed..
I put everything in crockpot and cooked till done.  The basil smelled so good while it was simmering.  Not pictured are the butterbeans, had to have butterbeans in there with the fresh corn.
 
 
 
 
fresh tomatos  with fresh picked basil pulsed in blender
 
 
 
pureed tomato and basil
 
Ta Daaaa--This was soooo goood. 
 
 
 
I had to post a picture of my standby Zinnia, these flowers are so hardy and have a long growing period, at least for me and these are giants.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy