- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Strawberries and Roses May 26 '09

Today seemed like a good day to have Strawberry crepes for breakfast and then make some Rose petal jelly. Spring for me is always a good time for making Rose jelly as the roses are the prettiest and healthiest in my garden this time of the year. Make sure you use petals that have not been sprayed with pesticide.
------------------------
For the Crepes --
I use about a cup and half of self rising flour. I also add to it a little oil and some cinnamon .Sometimes I throw some mace in there, I love the taste of it. I add an egg and add enough milk to make it soupy, it is not thick at all. I spray the pan with pam and then when warm enough, I coat the pan with the mixture and flip when the edges start curling. I like to pour honey on my sliced strawberries and then fill the crepe, I enjoy the taste of confectioners sugar on top , but my husband likes extra honey for his topping.















Here are the pictures of my Rose jelly.

The petals steep. They were really pink, the water turns a rusty color.














But when the lemon juice is added it goes back to a pretty pink again.




I used sugar that I layered with rose petals , picked a few weeks ago, it probably should have set longer, but the sugar did have a rose taste and scent.





Mom got her jar. She makes jelly herself.

She makes great wine also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy