- Photos posted on my blog are mine unless stated otherwise. BH

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Sunday

Today was a quiet sort of lazy day. I fixed cabbage rolls (steves favorite), while he slaved away at cutting grass on his riding lawn mower. I love it when he cuts grass as I always get to buy new plants. I ask him to watch out for that plant and he does, he goes right for it.

He works hard on our yard and keeps it looking nice. The area he is cutting now was grown up 2 years ago when we moved here, he had it cleared on the creek and then planted grass seed.

Back to the cabbage rolls, after I stuff them with rice, beef and spices


Pour on the sauce and pop in oven for 45 min.
They are done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wayside Park----Memorial honoring our veterans


Was very dark in some areas of the forest



Steve, my husband-

-----------------------------------------------------------------



Visited my sister --Lynn

She creates beautiful art from stained glass and takes care of her garden


Bathroom window upstairs
The tile floor in the bathroom upstairs was just too much to take care of as the grout was a problem and the color was just not that great, so she painted it. Turned out very well and cleans up nicely

This chest was 2 pieces she found at different sales, they were an ugly brown color, she cut the door panels out and replaced with stained glass that she cut to fit. Painted both pieces black.


Front garden

Not too sure what she is doing with this stick, but I think it is aimed at the rabbit.
Miss kitty

Have a wonderful week.




1 comment:

  1. Good Morning, Your yard is beautiful and I am sure it is a labor of love to care for, but so worth it.
    Enjoyed seeing your sisters redo tile. What a fresh crisp look. The gardens are lovely. The Memorial Day pics are wonderful. But now I am so hungry from viewing your delicous looking stuffed cabbage rolls. Divine!! I have not made these in a long time. You have inspired me to bake up a batch.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy reading your comments always!
If there is a return email address when I check my moderation of comments, I will reply then. If no reply is enabled, I will reply to comment under post. Thank you - Betsy